Atlanta, P. 404-760-6001
Jeff Joyce is a founding member of the firm and has more than 30 years of professional legal experience.
Prior to founding Joyce Childers LLP, Jeff was with Morris Manning & Martin
until he left to start Joyce Thrasher which grew to more than to more than 30 employees.
Jeff practiced with one of Georgia’s largest law firms and served as in-house counsel where he focused on corporate finance and private equity transactions valued in excess of $40 billion involving most major Wall Street investment banks and, more recently, many private equity firms.
Jeff also has extensive experience representing clients in commercial and complex business litigation including shareholder disputes, directors’ and officers’ liability, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and business torts and handling corporate finance and private equity finance transactions and investments.
For more than three decades, Jeff has been working and litigating in Georgia’s state and federal courts. He has represented companies in a broad array of industries, including the financial services, insurance, telecom, private equity, banking, hospitality, construction, and small business.
Jeff’s corporate finance practice focuses on transactions with small and mid-sized growing companies with special emphasis on the complexities of growing and financing start-up companies, including corporate governance matters, mergers and acquisitions, information technology transactions, strategic alliances and employment matters.
Jeff is recognized as a leader in corporate finance. He frequently speaks and writes on topics in technology and finance and has lectured in university programs on topics including structured finance, litigation and capital raising for small businesses.
• Successfully represented a technology company in the largest private equity placement in 2012 for the state Georgia.
• Represented a small technology company in litigation against Oracle relating to copyright and software misappropriation.
• Successfully advised a technology company in the acquisition of a publically traded California internet marketing company.
• Represented officers and directors in complex business tort litigation.
• Represented several international companies in complex securities fraud and RICO suit.
• Represents several hedge funds in corporate finance transactions.
• Successfully represented numerous companies during their angel and venture financing rounds.
• Represented numerous executives’ employment and compensation negotiations.
• Successfully litigated numerous commercial disputes.
Georgia State University, M.B.A. 1997
Mercer University, J.D., 1988